Saturday 30 May 2015

After the Stroke.

I don't remember much of the actual stroke.  This is what I do remember and what my husband posted on Facebook...

I sit here in the Grey Nuns hospital writing this post. Something terrible has happened to my rock star, Rae. She had a stroke Thursday night.

We were at home watching television and she got up and went upstairs. When she didn't come down in 15 minutes I decided to go check on her for some reason. She had been fine before and didn't complain about not feeling well but for some reason I thought I should see what she was doing. I found her lying down in our bed. I asked her if she was okay and right away I noticed there was something wrong. She struggled to get up and could not form a sentence. Her face also looked like it was dropping. I told her I was calling an ambulance and she got very upset and insisted I "wait". But that was all she could say was wait and no.

I told her that either she gets up right now and we go to the hospital or I call 911. She was able to get dressed and walk out to the car. We only live about two miles from the hospital so I thought it would be faster than waiting for the ambulance. Thank God there was nobody in line at the triage station. As soon as I told them I thought she had a stroke they rushed her in and started treating her immediately.

Friday was a day of monitoring and running tests on her. She is in good spirits but being unable to express herself has frustrated her. She sleeps a lot. The first 24 hours they kept waking her up every hour to check her vitals and responses. She slept better last night.


Rae is probably the strongest woman I know. If anyone will get though this it will be her.
Please pray for her and keep her in your thoughts. She would like visitors but knows it's frustrating when she can't have a conversation right now. If you want to visit please do but probably plan on the visit being a short one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment