Saturday 28 March 2020

Weird Times, That's For Sure...


These are very strange times indeed.  I am writing this as a person who has had a stroke, it's been almost five years (WOW 😮) since I've had my stroke, I'm finding it very difficult because I believe, when I had my stroke I was in the Grey Nun's for three weeks, then I was in the Glenrose for three weeks (and I wasn't allowed to go home until the second weekend while at the Glenrose) and then I was at home BUT I couldn't drive until December 2015.  I had to rely on someone else if I needed to go anywhere...shopping, groceries, hair cuts, etc.  That was really difficult for me because, while I was a "social distancer" 😏 (is that even a word)...I did love just being out.  I didn't have to see anyone but I did like the fact that I COULD be out, if I wanted too.

Right now, I am going stir crazy because with the stroke, I guess you could say I am in a higher risk if I catch the Coronavirus, and really no one wants to catch it anyway.  I really miss going out to check out the grocery stores with people buying the crazy stuff like toilet paper 😂...ridiculous.  Again, do not buy it if you do not need it!!!  It's ridiculous that people who actually need it, can find it anywhere.

My two friends and I were supposed to go down to Texas to see a friend at the end of April, that isn't happening anymore, because of the travel ban.  My son/nephew was supposed to go to Cuba in the middle of April to meet his step brother and his step sister for the first time, now it will have to wait as well (that really does hurt the heart).  He was soooooo looking forward to meeting the both of them.

I really do miss not seeing my family (both of my parents and all of my in-laws), they helped me immensely while I was recovering from the stroke.  My sister-in-law just had a birthday this past Thursday, all we could do was send her a text.  We will have a birthday dinner when this is all over, but who knows when that will be.

So for now, keep safe and stay healthy...

1 comment:

  1. Rae you hang in there kiddo, thinking of you band sending you lots of love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete