Wednesday 15 May 2019

And, Still I Rise...



The above picture is a new tattoo I have, "And, Still I Rise".

I have taken Lent off from social media - firstly, because I wasn't doing so good with depression and I really didn't want to have a lot to do with anyone; and secondly, I figured the time away would give me some time to get over the depression and mostly what can I do now with the brain injury.  Now, I wish I could tell all of you that I'm doing much better and I know where I'm "going" now...but alas, I can't.  I'm still somewhat depressed, mostly because I still don't know what to do with myself.  Plus in my mind (yes, I know it is wrong as well), if I can't get "paid" - it feels like I am not a contributing member of society (again, I KNOW this is not right to think).  I am volunteering with the Edmonton Humane Society and I really enjoy it.  But it bother's me that I can find a part-time PAYING job to contribute to our monthly bills (but that is the way it is today, and hopefully, it won't be forever).

Anyways, back to my tattoo - it says a lot.  I had it placed on my right side of my clavicle so I could see it everyday when I get out of the shower...and, still I rise.  My sister-in-law, Terry, saw it and she started tearing up when she saw it (and that means the world to me because amid it all - my family and friends still keep me going 💕).  It means a lot to me, as well, because really, even on days when I am feeling a bit bummed out about things, I still have the gumption to get up, do the homework I have to improve myself, I am continuing to look for some sort of "paying" job and I'm doing all I can to keep the depression away.  It's a journey that's for sure, and I will keep on going through the good times and the not so good times!

8 comments:

  1. Rae , Thanks for continuing to share your story .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rae thank you so much for your comments I wish I was closer so I could visit. Hang in there kiddo everything worthwhile takes time, patience and love. Lots of love Candace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Candace! My daughter lives in Vancouver now, maybe we can get together when I am there visiting her.

      Delete
  3. Hey cuz I am (and forever will be) so very proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rae, I have always admired you for your strength and determination, not to mention your sense of humor. You are amazing. Like the woman I know you are, you always find a way. Stay strong!❤ Denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Denise, thank you for reading my blog and everything you have done for me. I really appreciate all that you do!

      Delete