Monday 16 April 2018

A New Position...


It's been about a couple of months now since I've written something here.   I did go to Houston to visit my friend, Sonia.  Also Ramona and Denise were there at the same time.  I was so very good to see all of them.  Ramona and Denise stayed for four days and I stayed for six days.  The weather was gorgeous and there were a lot of laughs while we were there.

I also did get a job with Veratis but before everyone get's all excited, I did give my notice for a couple of reasons, after about a month at it.  The first was I had to speak a lot the people and really that has changed since I've had my stroke.  It is very difficult at times, and with the problems I have finding words (yes, I even had a script to follow and I practiced it quite a lot), but really I couldn't get past it.  Also, I believe a different person would be better able to support the woman in charge.  But it was a good experience and I'm not going to find anything unless I get out there and try different jobs.

Now I started a part-time position with Raven Truck Accessories as an accounts payable clerk.  I believe this is the position for me...at least for now!!!  It is part-time, so I can keep seeing my therapist at the Glenrose; and I will also be able to go to The Brain Centre for some more courses.  I work Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm, which is perfect for me as well.  There isn't much telephone work, that is a good thing, again because I have a challenge with it sometimes.  They are getting a new software system in the beginning of May, and I will get all the training I need so I can be successful.  So wish me luck 😊.

There are things that are proving to be a bit of a challenge to me because of the stroke.  My language and math aren't where they used to be.  I know I have repeatedly told everyone on here, but it does frustrate me so very much.  I was looking on Pinterest and found the diagram at the start of this post.  These are the things I have trouble with and I will from now on.  Again, I think other people have a bit of trouble processing that I will never be the same person I was before I had the stroke, and that is very difficult for some people to get over.  But I can't help it, so I would hope that we can find some way for BOTH of us to adjust and continue on with this journey.

The one thing that this cartoon brought to my attention, was that I am aware of the deficits - sometimes I think it would have been "better" to have the stoke impact my Right CVA, because likely I wouldn't "know" about the deficits and really that would have it's advantage as well.  But you have to take was is dealt to you (I'm not going to get into THAT right now 😉).  But I am dealing with it, some times more positive that other times - but that's okay too!

No comments:

Post a Comment