Tuesday 5 February 2019



I'm not going to apologize for not writing for a while, because I really didn't feel like sharing (or anything really).  It's the New Year and I'm not sure that this has anything to do with it, or maybe it's the fact that Bell Let's Talk has gone by - but I'm suffering from depression.  There is no really other way to explain it.

Now before everyone bombards me with "gee you should be happy, you survived"; "look how far you've come"; "we love you any way you are" or whatever else you can think of.  People have the misconception that if something's wrong - you don't talk about it, you figure it out on your own and move on.  It isn't as easy as that.  Now I also realize that there are many, many others who have depression worse that me.  I also know there are mental health problems that I know NOTHING about, but I want to say - depression and all the other mental health issues are REAL.  No amount of "doing it on your own" will make it go away - you have to talk to someone.  It maybe family/friends, a doctor, psychologist or a psychiatrist.  But everyone has to know - it is real!!

Over the past month or two, I have often thought "maybe it would have been better, had I not survived the stroke".  I don't want anyone to comment on this - I am NOT going to harm myself - I just want people to know this is what happens sometimes.  I can't find a job that I can do any more and it is really discouraging.  With all the work I've done - it just isn't enough.  Now I know, you can volunteer - sure except the same things happen if I do volunteer - I can't speak clearly, it's difficult for me to get out what I want/need to say, my English is awful and right now, my math skills are terrible, too.  Really, there's only so much house cleaning, walking the dog, and the various art projects I can do before it gets old.  I also do realize, it gets very tiring and cumbersome for my whole family to read this again and again.  So now, sometimes when we get together  - it's much easier for me to be "busy" fixing a meal or when they want to go out for a meal or to a concert, I send Richard out and I stay home because I don't feel like being around anyone.  I know, it is crappy for me to do this, but it is how it is.

I'm hoping that these feelings will pass, and I will get back to my old "positive" self but for now, this is what I am going through and I figured I'd let everyone know and this is the easiest way to do this.  Stay warm everybody...

No comments:

Post a Comment